How can i be heard? (Please no bashing.)

I watched a video a few hours ago about Live Birth Abortion / Induced Labor Abortion. I could not stop crying. Rocking my little girl to sleep and feeling her precious little hands caress my skin as she ate, i began to cry again. All of those poor children will never know the touch of their mother. They will never know the taste of their mothers milk. They will know nothing but fear and starvation, being cold and alone in a dark laundry basket until they die a few hours later. Writing this now, i am crying. I feel our government has gone too far.

What do i do? How can i speak out? The voice of a 19 year old mother of two may not make that great of an impact but i need to try. Ive sent numerous letters to the Senate, signed many petitions. What else can i do?

Please do not post unless you are being truely helpful in answering my questions. Please do not bash or argue about abortion. I just want my questions answered.

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 4:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not sure what you really can do, but I am in the same shoes as you. I cry at the very thought of it. I look at my 2 babies and I think how in the world could someone even remotely think of an abortion at any stage in their pregnancy, while I may be EXTREMELY pro-life, I don't live a day in anyone's shoes other than my own
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree with you 100%, even though I've never had babies make it past a few short weeks.

I don't know how to answer your question, but speak up and be strong when you can.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 4:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would keep speaking out about it. Let everyone know how you feel. Post it on your Cafemom home page that you do not like abortion, if you are in other groups post it there as well. God didnt give you a mouth and voice for no reason at all, put it to work. If someone wants to bash you then let them but still be heard yourself and let the world know how YOU feel about it.
    breezy2005

Answer by breezy2005 at 4:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• One of the best ways to make sure your voice matters is to join a large group of like-minded people. There are some crazy people that no one takes seriously, but try the National Right To Life (they probably also have a chapter in your state). www.nrlc.org This will provide you many opportunities to donate, volunteer, petition, etc. IMO, it's the best way to actually make a difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I know it's unpleasant, but I think continuing to talk about it helps. This is going to make me sound like an ignorant idiot, but I had no idea what partial birth abortions were. I didn't even know that late term abortions were legal! In my state abortion is limited to the first trimester. I had always been pro-choice. But I went to volunteer at a support center for women experiencing crisis in the face of unplanned pregnancies and I found all of this information then. I am a smart and educated person. I had no idea about late term abortions. I think a lot of pro-choice people don't know about these aspects of it. As I learn more about the subject, I become more pro-life. Don't preach, but be open with people and calmly tell them what these babies actually go through...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• lesbiansYou are at least concerned and discussing it. I agree it is a SICKENING action and I can't believe we actually perform this in America, it is barbaric. Maybe we could for a group for these unborn babies to speak for them. I would be happy to join and anything else we think up. Anybody interested?????

army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree with anon.If you join one of these organizations or even more then one contact them.I bet they can lead you in the right direction.
    I am a member of the national right to life I just joined not long ago so it's new for me too.

Good luck
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Keep on speaking up! Write letters to everyone. Your senators, your state reps, whoever you can think of. Think about fostering children who are lucky enough to make it.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 9:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm pro-choice, but not for the procedures you've listed. I first want to applaud you for wanting to stand up and speak your mind and do something about this issue... because I know a lot of people don't.. yet they call themselves pro-life.

The best things to do.. is get as much information as you can about it.. see if it is legal in your state (if so, write to your representative about it) if not, then move on a write to the house and senates about it, even the president. You can also go to places like Planned Parenthood, and volunteer to help distribute information about it to some of the women that want abortions.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Pray
    Anonymous