DOES YOUR S/O?

DOES YOUR S/O HELP YOU WITH THE HOUSE WORK??

I HAVE BEEN ASKIN MY SO TO PUT OUR LAUNDRY A WAY FOR 2 WEEK.. AND ITS BEEN KILLIN ME SITTIN IN THE BASKETS..BUT I WANTED TO SEE HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE HIM TO PUT IT AWAY...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• If my SO helped out i would be shocked, my SO was brought up that it was the females job to make sure the house is clean, dinner is done and so on. . . Fine i can go along with that only if he is going to find three jobs so that i dont have to work my 12 hour a day job, and then take care of the kids when i get home. .
    mandic

Answer by mandic at 7:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes he does. Only thing he won't do is wash dishes.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• yup..mine helps with everything!!!! usually does most of it cause i work afternoons!!! also cooks dinner and does the hw with the kids!
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 8:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Mine does an equal amount of housework...he just pitches in and does what needs to be done. If I'm taking care of the kids, he'll sweep, pick up toys, put dishes/laundry away, etc.

I guess it helps that my husband was 38 when we married, and had lived on his own for about 15 years! He learned to do things for himself--including ironing, sewing on buttons, cooking, and cleaning! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My husband never did anything at all around the house, but he didn't care if I did either. I honestly wouldn't bother him to live out of laundry baskets.....in a messy house. It wasn't an issue of not being willing to help me, it was a disagreement about the importance of what needs to be done. So, I realized that if I wanted it done I would have to do it. Or I could fight every day, and I wasn't willing to do that. He did take responsiblility for the family in other ways. We are separated, soon to be divorced and he has a messy apartment and I have a clean, neat house and he still takes responsibility for his family the way HE always has!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes he does.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• yes he helps out but he needs reminding often and for some reason he will do anything except clean the stove, I'm not sure what it is about the stove that freaks him out....
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We have 5 kids so we have no choice but to work together. I went back to work and he was home with them more than me for 3 months. He said he had no idea how hard it was for me. He had me quit my job and be a SAHM but he still helps out just as much because he realizes hoe much attention my kids need
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 10:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• on the weekends he gets up and makes breakfast.. straightens up the toys.. puts away laundry, stuff like that. but during the week i am flying solo.. he says hes "too tired" after work to do anything around the house.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes! I married the most incredible man on Earth!

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009