dental help

i have a problem, i live in louisiana and i was on this medication that made my teeth rotten, i have medicaid it will pay for dentures but not for extractions, it will cost over two thousand dollars which i dont have and i cant find any help from any dentist, i called everywhere, any suggestions i am in pain and my mouth is so infected i am on antibiotics but it will only help for a while..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried a dental school or free clinic? Even a local hospital? Some hospitals that do dental work go by your income on what to charge.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i tried they said i have to live in the city for them to be able to help me, the city i live in has nothing to help me, and yes i did call the dental school and they said they can see me in june, so i may have to wait till then, thanks
    rachel37

Answer by rachel37 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If you are able to make payments, there is a program called Care Credit. It's like a credit card, as in, you can use it at any dental office. Most dentists take it. They have different options and most of them do not charge interest the first 2 years or not at all if you pay it off in a certain amount of time. They have a website if you search for them, you can find it. If you can't wait for the dental school, it might be something to try.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2009