At what age

did you move your kid out of the crib? Did you go to a toddler bed or a regular twin bed?

trentntats

Asked by trentntats at 8:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• MY TWINS WERE 2 WHEN I TOOK THEM OUT OF THE CRIB! THEY ALWAYS CLIMBED OUT ANY HOW!!! I PUT THEM IN TODDLER BEDS THEY DID GREAT!
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 8:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I moved my children at 18 months from their cribs to queen sized beds--up against one wall with a full-length body pillow against the wall and a mesh side rail on the other. The beds also had head and foot boards. THAT'S the point when they finally started sleeping through the night consistently--lots of room to spread out, toss and turn! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We haven't moved my daughter from her crib yet. She's 20 months old and we plan on moving her into a toddler bed around her 2nd birthday. Thats what we're planning on buying her as one of her gifts. My step-daughter was moved into a full size bed by the time she was 2. If you dont want to keep buying beds you might want to look into a regular bed..a lot of toddler beds are only good up to 50 pounds.
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• TREY WAS LIKE 10 MONTHS .. HE STARTED WALKIN AT 8 MONTHS SO I WAITED A COUPLE OF MONTHS.. .. HE JUMPED OUT OF HIS CRIBB AND BROKE HIS ARM SO .. WHEN THAT HAPPEDN IT WAS TIME TO GET A BIG BOY BED..I WAS WALKIN AROUND THE HOUSE GETTING DRESSED I HAD JUST CHECKED ON HIM AND THEN NEXT THING I KNOW HE WAS SCREAMIN.. AND I WALKED IN THEIR HE WAS ON THE FLOOR .. I TOOK HIM TO SOLANTIC BY THAT TIME HE WAS ALL LAUGHIN AND PLAYIN.. AND THE DR WAS LIKE WE WILL DO AN XRAY BUT I DOUBT ITS BROKIN SURE ENOUGH IT WAS BROKIN .. YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOW.. HES PRETTY TUFF..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My first daughter was 15 mon,because she was waking at 8 months,and was climbing out of her crib at 15 months,so we went ahead and got her a twin size. My second was probably about the same.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Around 19 months or 20. She made the move real well and stays in med most of the time. She's in a toddler bed. we just took the side off the crib and added the support bar. I'ts nice b/c it's the same bed so she was used to it and a prefect height from the floor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• 15 months to a regular twin bed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• my daughter got her big girl bed for her first bday because she started walking at 8 months so by time her bday came around she could crawl out of her crib and i was scared she was going to get hurt.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Mine is 31 months and still in her crib. Her choice. We have both in her room and she is just happier in her crib.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Just after he turned one he started climbing out of the crib, so we just had to adjust it to a toddler bed. My advice: Unless your child is climbing out, or you need to crib for a baby on the way, let your child make that decision. A crib is so much easier when they can't climb out of it! It took months to get my son to stay in his bed after we switched (no surprise, since we switched *because* he was getting out of the crib, lol). He's almost 3 now and I still sometimes have trouble with it!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009