3 month old won't nap

My daughter is 3 1/2 months old and sleeps great at night. She goes down at 10 in her crib, wakes up to nurse around 5 (I bring her in our bed at this time) and then sleeps with me until about 9. But she won't nap longer than 30 minutes at a time during the day. I can get her to take 2 or 3 of these little cat naps, but it usually involves about an hour of crying just to get her to sleep for a short time. I never let her cry for more than a few minutes, but she gets hysterical anyway. She seems so tired, I feel really bad for her. BTW, she won't fall asleep at all unless she's nursing or has a binkie. Any help??

Evies_Momma

Asked by Evies_Momma at 9:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd is 6 months and when I'm home I only get 30 min naps. When my dh is home shell sleep for over 2 hours. My dd has to have her binki to sleep also. Have you tried just taking her In her stroller around the block to get her to sleep or even for a ride in the car. This always puts my dd to sleep.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My LO is about the same. He sleeps through the night though. But during the day I can't get him to take more than a 15 minute nap unless I'm holding him and he falls asleep. And he also fights the tiredness which makes him overtired sometimes. It really doesn't bother me much though except that I'd like to be able to put him down in his crib and him sleep for as long as he does in my arms. :\
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 2:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Get a sling. They are magic and have helped my dd to nap longer. She used to nap for 45 mins at a time and now when she is on me it ranges from 45 mins to 2 hours. I love the closeness too and that I can get aroung doing stuff while she rests. Then at night she sleeps through in her bassinett no problems
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 4:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2009