Is it cheaper and better tasting to just buy the stouffer's lasagna or make it homemade?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think it can be cheaper, but I prefer to make my own.

Plus I think mine tastes better ;)
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 9:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It depends on how well you can make lasgane. I don't know why I always spell that wrong. I know its wrong, it looks wrong, but I can never bring myself to fix it because for some reason that is how I grew up spelling it. In any case, homemade lasagne can get expensive, so it may very well be cheaper. The Stouffers is pretty good, but it is nothing compared to the recipe my mother gave me, so we don't do it often.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think making homemade is about the same price and so much better :)
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 9:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Not sure about that, but I make my lasagna using Hamburger Helper Lasagna mix. It is relatively cheap and people love it. They usually ask for the recipe.

I just cook the sauce/meat mixture and the noodles seperate. Then layer them in a baking dish adding mozzerella cheese for the middle layer. Bake for about 30 minutes.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I absolutly love to cook. I never buy frozen or packaged meals. They are very unhealthy. tons of sodium.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 9:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm not sure about cheaper but fresh homemade food tastes better and its healthier..so that's worth it to me.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well of course it is cheaper, because you can buy it in the frozen section up to about $11.00, and is a little more costly to make your own, however, anything you make homemade is always in my reguard 10 times better. This is however one of my favorite meals to make, and is very rewarding to see my family's face as they are eating it.
    dsh071263

Answer by dsh071263 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It may not be cheaper, but homemade all the way...and always tastes better... :)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My kids won't eat it, so I don't make it. I buy the Lean Cuisine lasagne when I want it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 1:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Homemade is better. Less salt, fat and other things. It can cost a little more depending on what you buy and when. I try to buy on sale and store brand for most things because you can't tell the difference.

A quick lasagna substitute is to combined 1lb of browned drained ground beef, 1 large can (28oz) + equal water or tomato sauce, 8oz of bowtie pasta and Italian seasoning and cook till tender. Then spread half the mixture in a casserole pan, layer with cottage cheese, add the rest of the mixture and top with motz cheese. bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2009