If you had an affair and got pregnant, would you keep the baby?

My really close friend was dating a guy and just found out he is married and has 5 kids. She is torn and devastated; he lied to her for over a year. She just found out she is pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I would just say everything happens for a reason. As hard as that would be and move on with my life with the baby.
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 9:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would move, lose contact with him and raise the baby by myself.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would never kill the baby.

I would either put the baby up for adoption or keep it.

Without that, I wouldn't be here.
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 9:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes ,take a babys lie ,because of my mistakes,women know when they have sex,and is fertile,the chances for them to get pregnant are pretty great.I hope she does have a test,I don't think it is fair for a husband to raise the baby beleiveing it is his,but is it fair for the other man to be denied his right as a father,if he is the dad? That's a tough situation,just be there for her,and support her in whatever she decides.Good Luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree with hannahwill...Then again after having the baby (bc I would not destroy it) I would look for this guy and find him and just show up at his front step and show him a lesson no one is going to make a fool out of me. But I do feel sorry for his family (the wife, the kids) what happened is not their fault but they need to know especially the wife, it is hard but it happened. That way she can decide if she should stay with this person or move on. He will loose everything I hate guys like that.

Good Luck to your friend I wish her well.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would keep the baby. It wasn't like it was rape. If she was irresponsible enough to have sex without protection or birth control, she can live with the consequences. I do not believe in abortion and I would never be able to give a baby up for adoption. But I think she should tell him the situation. She needs to decide whether she wants him in her life or not. It's going to hurt his other family but they still deserve to know the truth as well. The wife deserves to know so she can make a decision about whether she wants him in her life as well. I would want him to take responsbility for the child by paying child support but she needs to emotionally distance herself from him!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't continue a pregnancy under those conditions.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY! I did & I have my baby...she is turning 13 today! She is the most wonderful person in the world! I love her. Im proud of her & im sooooo very glad that god gave her to me, regardless of the situation that surrounded her begainings. shes not the one to fault not bear the fault...as far as im concern it was worth everything i went thru in order to keep her. I thank God for her every day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• The baby is innocent. I would raise my baby alone. God gave you that baby for a reason. It will love you unconditionally and there is no other love like that of a child and mother. I don't believe in abortion because I feel that God doesn't make mistakes so if he gave you a this baby at this time, it is for you to have. We may not see the reasons right away but his plan will unfold.....good luck
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 10:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would never knowingly have a child with a man who already has other children. Or be having a relationship that had progressed so far that I could be pregnant without being part of every aspect of his life. Be with a man for a year and not know he was married with 5 children? Not likely. I would however raise my baby with its father and the rest of his/her family. Even though they are only half they are still my baby's brothers and sisters. And my baby has a right to know all of his/her family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2009