Good kids free email site?

My daughter just turned 7 and I would like to set her up with her own email. I'm not really worried right now about having filters and that, since I monitor closely what she does online. But it might be nice to have those things already in place so in the next couple years it's not a big deal. I was hoping to find a site like yahoo that has the avatar she can change around as well. I did look at KOL.com and was very disappointed to see Britney Spears on the main page, and the Jr version is too young for her. Any suggestions?

Star76

Asked by Star76 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Look at www.kidsafemail.com

This is the one I use for my son who is now 12. There are multiple ways to set up the account. You pick who they can send and receive emails from. You can also have a copy of all ingoing and outgoing emails sent to your email. You are also notified if someone that is not on the approved list tries to send your child an email.

There is a monthly fee. I can't remember exactly what it costs, but it is less than $5.00.

They also have neat email address names like................tommy123@soccerkid.net or leah567@imabrat.net
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Thanks for the question and thanks for the answer. My daughter's 7 and I just set up a minor acct with yahoo and I haven't had any problems and with their betamail, she and I can chat and insteant mssg each other when she gets home from school and I'm at work.
    Candy423521

Answer by Candy423521 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Our gs has been using a computer since he turned 5 (now is 8)... we have just ordered him his new lap top to replace the one that crashed... he has never had an e-mail addyy, but does have yahoo IM which as a minor the parent's have to pay .50 for...
     But at one point and time dh and I had thought of using NoodleNet for him ...
    www.vocalpoint.com/noodlenet
    It's a complete web browser for your child's age... you do have to pay for the usuage thou...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009