What should I say? Help me compose an email!!

I recently sold my sons Natures Touch Papsan Cradle swing and Rainforest bouncer on Craigslist.com. I was asking $40 for both. I met a girl to sell to her, and she said that she thought we'd agreed on $30 for both-we hadnt. But I thought maybe she was having a hard time, so I let it slide. Im looking on craigslist.com and what do I see? My darn swing for sale for $75!!!! Not only did she rip me off of $10 but she bought them to resell and rip off other people. I had so many people reply wanting the swing and bouncer, but she was the first, so it went to her. I was selling them so cheap to help out another mom in need... Im gonna email her, what do you think I should say/do?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• don't waste your time. you sold it. she doesn't have to give it back to you. Just tell her that what she did is wrong. but maybe thats her way of getting a slight income.(not sticking up for her though)
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 10:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• don't even bother you sold it... what she does with it is her business.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• That sucks! There really isn't anything you can do. What's done is done. But, if it would make you feel better to write to her about it, just tell her you don't appreciate being taken advantage of. What goes around comes around.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 10:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I dont expect her to give it back, but what she did is really wrong. I had tossed around about how maybe she needed the extra money, but at the same time, she rolled up in a new GMC Yukon, was designer clothes head to toe, and all primped and manicured, I dont know why I let the $10 thing slide considering she apparently was not struggling, but Im too shy to say anything in those situations. Now I really regret it.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• What a dirtbag.
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 10:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If I seen her roll up in that I wouldnt even had answered the door. It makes me so mad when you put something for sale on there and people try to talk you down or screw you over when you already have a really good price on it. I would def email her, but do it from an email address she doesnt know. Ask about what she has for sale, how long shes owned it and if it was new when she baught it, things like that. THEN i'd send her an e-mail from your email address and let her know that you just thought you were helping her out letting her buy it for 30 and its not right that she is selling it for $75! Thats a big difference. It sucks that you cant leave feedback directly with the craigslist add!!!!!!!! i'd tell everyone how much she got it for
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If you just want to send her a nasty note to let her know that you know she is a crappy person then go ahead and let her know. That's all you'll be able to accomplish though. Maybe throw something in there about how she is ripping off some unfortunate mom who would have really benefitted from such a good package price. Instead she is trying to profit off of someone else's good will. What a soulless thing to do. In fact I would definitely call her soulless.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would not waste your time...she is obviously a person without morals. You can however report her to craigslist.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• How do you know it's your swing?
    Anonymous

• because, I emailed the seller and asked if she still had the swing for sale, and when she replied back, it was the same girl whom I sold it to. I just had a feeling when I saw the post that it was my swing. When I got a reply from the email address that I sold the swing to... I put two and two together.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009