hai...my 8months old baby is not intrested in taking food...i feeding him by force...my doctor prescribed him "CYP-L drops" for 5 days..but when i stopped this drops the problem repeats..please suggest me a best appetite stimulants or may i continue with this drops?...

hai...my 8months old baby is not intrested in taking food...i feeding him by force...my doctor prescribed him "CYP-L drops" for 5 days..but when i stopped this drops the problem repeats..please suggest me a best appetite stimulants or may i continue with this drops?... or is there any natural appetizer for him?

OVIYA007

Asked by OVIYA007 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1) He's only 8 months old so food isn't that important to begin with.
    2) I'm sorry but I completely disagree with force feeding an infant.
    3) Talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• hi mom.. i was reading in our baby book.. when our son was a newborn and I read the chapter on solids, and it said that some babies dont eat solids until they are a year old.. when I asked our Ped this, he said that yes, some babies either them or their parents choose not to give solids until a year and they will be totally fine. That breastmilk or formula is enough.. what have you tried to give your baby? I know my son doesnt fit this category cause he loves everything, but some babies wont eat unless its really runny... its called texture adversion. Also, another mom on here was say that her baby wouldnt eat, but it was the spoon... maybe a different spoon could help..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You need to get a second opinion. I cannot imagine why any doctor would suggest you force feed your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think there may be more to this picture. How old is your baby, and how much does he weigh? Does he have to be force fed? I would ask the doctor again. Let us know what they say. I have never heard of this and would be interested in the answer.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Sorry. Got the 8 months... :) No coffee in me yet.
    SusieD250

• DO NOT force feed your baby!!!

Not all babies are ready for solids at 8 months (most are, but not all!) If you can get your hands on this book I think it will really help: MY CHILD WON’T EAT! HOW TO PREVENT AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM, by Carlos Gonzales, M.D.

Listen to your baby! Babies with a tendency to allergies may refuse solids until later in their first year. As long as they are growing well and are happy and healthy, there is no need for concern.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2009