Do you use natural/herbal remedies for your family or just whatever medicine doctor gives you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Natural. I'm not one to trust doctors just because they are doctors. If there is a natural way, I always go that route first.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I do a mix. It depends on the sickness. I do NOT like antibiotics so we try to fix the problem w/out getting one. But I'm not selfish or stubborn about it....if my kid needs an antibiotic, I'll get one. She just had an ear infection and was on amoxocillin for a week.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 10:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Natural is great but just be careful because a lot of natural herbal remedies are not approved by the FDA. I found out that the Ginko Biloba I once used for memory acts as a natural blood thinner. Just research before you use things and be weary of doctors prescribing medications too quickly. The burden really is on the mother to do the research and use her gut to make the right decision.
    kimbola813

Answer by kimbola813 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Ive done both depending on the circumstances. If I can avoid a dr I will.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I use the meds the doctor gives me. They work great!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We use homopathic/natureal. My mom's a ND =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I use whatever my kid needs. If he has a cough and it lasts more than a few days, he gets cough medicine. Ditto if he has sneezing or a runny nose, then he gets Dimetapp (or whatever). If he has some sort of infection, and he's only had one or two in his life, I give him antibiotics.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Depends on what it is. I think Vicks on the bottom of their feet works great to quiet a cough so I do that rather than cough syrup. I am not a complete idiot however, if they are truely sick I go to the doc and get meds. I think God put man on earth to learn and grow. It is stupid to let a child be sick if you can seek medical attention.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2009