Does anyone have children who share the same birthday month?

We are trying for baby # 2 and if we were to conceive this month then I would be due in November. My daughter was born 11/18/05. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing to have two children birthdays in the same month? Anyone in this situation? Any pluses or negatives about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• My oldest is May 14 and my youngest is May 15....3 years apart. (I have a child inbetween too and his birthday is 3 1/2 weeks later.)

We just have their borthday parties together. One party instead of 3 works for me!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My kids are January Feb and 2 in March. We always have one big birthday party. They love it. This year we tried to do each one seperatly and they hated it, so next year we will go back to the same old routine
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 10:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have two boys both born in January 2 years and three days apart. One plus for me is it is easier to remember the birthdays. I think it will be easier because they can share a birthday and I am hoping that will create a closer bond for them. At first I was apprehensive about it but now I am very happy.
    kimbola813

Answer by kimbola813 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I am a twin and never really had a problem with the birthday being the same, but being stuck together in everything that we did bothered me. Also my husband and his sister share a birthday and they are a year apart. It bugs his sister because she always said that he ruined her first birthday party. She is a very jealous person though when it comes to certain things.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Amen. I have 3 in November and one in December. Party together!!!
    dawn440

Answer by dawn440 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have 4 boys and they have 2 birthdays. The older two were born October 14, the younger two were born February 28. I have had no problems. The older two don't mind sharing a birthday at all. My younger boys are still young and haven't shared their day yet as the baby is just a week old. My daughters were born in June and July and we do their party togather as well. I love it. 6 kids and 3 parties.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have three kids born in February 7, 18, 24 one on January 16 and one on December 27. I don't think it is awful, you just have to think ahead and make sure you save for the gifts and/or parties.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• ok my brother and i were both born in march...a yr apart...if i can remember it was never a problem...we were in different grades.hung around with different kids...happy birthday to glenn up in heaven...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We have one in May and 3 in October, we usually just have the parties together, it works out best for everone who comes.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 11:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My oldest sons bday is August 20, my youngest is August 21st and my bday is the 23rd. I also have a niece on August 19th and a nephew on August 20th as well. My middle son is in June. Sometimes i feel like he is left out, but other times i think its nice he has his own speical day cause i feel like its too much to have all the bdays at once.
    Christieann

Answer by Christieann at 11:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2009