What's your experience with Huggies?

My 1 year old daughter has been in Pampers brand diapers since she was born and we love them, but we got some Huggies coupons online (and combined with a sale at Walgreens this week, we could save a nice chunk of change) so I'm debating whether or not spend money on different diapies.

cokicola

Asked by cokicola at 10:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every baby is different and each baby is different during different stages of their growth. It is really regardless of the name brand or generic version. What worked for my son early on now leaks and the brands that are working now didn't necessarily work for him a month or two ago.

I've learned that the most important thing about a diaper is not its brand but making sure it is the correct size and that it is put on properly. I notice my son leaks less when the waist tabs at the top are even. He also leaks less when I go around the diaper after it has been put on and make sure he doesn't have a little wedgie or that no part of the diaper is tucked into any little baby fat leg rolls. My son is also a super-pooper. He's crapped right through every diaper known to man. There's nothing I can do about it lol.

If you've got a coupon for reasonably priced diapers, use it!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My dd leaks through them. Pampers are the only kind she doesn't pee through.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I hated Huggies. They were never tight enough around my daughter's legs, so they leaked. I don't like the tabs either. I like the stretchy Pampers tabs. I recently started using Walgreens and Kroger brand diapers. They work just as well as the more expensive brands, but I pay about $2.99 a pack when there's a good sale, which is often. I feel silly wasting all that money on Pampers now!
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think some diapers are better for some babies. Pampers work great on my dd, but my nephew only wore Huggies. I would buy a small pack and try them first. You would hate to get a bunch and they don't work out.

kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i use luvs the most, and i've never had a leak. Huggies always seen to leak.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Buy a really small pack and see for yourself..Its different for everyone. I just tried Luvs..I HATE them!I was dumb enough to buy the huge box also..Once you try pampers you cant trust anything else :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Huggies didn't work well for us. I like Pampers and Parents Choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Pampers are great, I love huggies myself, but I HATE Luvs
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We used pampers forever but DD suddenly became allergic to them so we switched to huggies. The sizing is a bit different in huggies but all in all they work great!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm a firm believer in LUVS!!! I've used everything from pampers to huggies to parent's choice & beyond; LUVS works best with my daughter - we've never had a mess or leak. But I think it's all about what diaper works best with your baby; but just because a brand is more expensive doesn't always mean it's better.
    mommaruth07

Answer by mommaruth07 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2009