Vent...My patience is getting littler by the day...*sigh*

My son is 9 months old and popping his first teeth. He's got four so his doctor instructed us to get a wet rag and wipe them down to clean them. My So's mother who lives with us, takes him away and says "No, clean his hair and his face, not his teeth." My SO has horrible teeth and now I know why!! OMG!! Sorry but would you feel the same?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i'd tell her "well we see how your sons teeth turned out!" so mind your own dang business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes forsure... My hubby had bad teeth before he got braces as a child... Now i clean my kids teeth all the time in fear of them turning out the same... I would be going nutz if i was you girl... In-Laws suck sometimes.. LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Ummm yeah I would be pissed. Your MIL needs to mind her own business. Just tell her that the Dr. highly recommended it and that you trust your Dr.'s instincts. In-laws suck sometimes. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I would be annoyed by her. You ARE supposed to clean those little teeth to make sure he doesn't become one of those 4 year olds with all capped metal teeth due to rot!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would just tell her that your pedi said to and then times change. I would not bring up that your SO has bad teeth, that is rude to both him and his mother. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• maybe she didn't understand what you were doing exactly. Especially if it was right after a meal, and he was messy. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but maybe she's been doing more than just this.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 10:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Noooo, I would never bring up his teeth. Its just something I'm thinking, nothing I'd ever go out and say...lol
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Its been more, trust me.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Wow, it must be frustrating to live with someone who feels the need to interfere all the time. I sort of think you'll need to have a heart to heart with her about the way she steps in. Your son is fast approaching an age where he'll start to see the pattern that when Mommy says "no" it doesn't mean anything because Gramma says "yes." Talk to her about second guessing you in front of your child. Otherwise you'll be in a world of trouble when he doesn't listen to you at all. I hope she's receptive!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Do it when your SOs mom is in the loo :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2009