what can i do?

my four month old son cries the whole time i am gone. i work two nights a week and my husband watches him. he wont sleep when i am gone and he cries the whole time. he is totally fine with my husband if i am here but gives him such a hard time when i am gone. is this normal for this age?? we feel like we cant leave him with anyone!

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He may just sense that his dad isnt comfortable with him alone... He is only four months old you are his world.. Dont worry mama.. This to shall pass, he will just have to learn...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• lol, mine does the same thing! Every now and then he'll be good for daddy, but he's really mommy attatched. It was the same at his grandparents a couple of nights ago.... It's very normal. Especially since at this age they are starting to connect everything in their outside world to their inside one... He's realizing that the face he loves so dearly is not there for a LONG period of time, and can't figure out why. You're a great source of comfort to him! Daddy needs to just find an activity that sparks his interest. We got one of those Bumbo chairs, baby loves it, have you tried this yet? good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• did you just start leaving him with Daddy? when I left my son for the first time with his Dad, there was no issues.. because he was young.. like 6 weeks.. and dad did fine.. but maybe your husband feels a little nervous, babies can sense that. Also, some babies start with separation anxiety sooner than others.. our son started this at 5 months, but it doesnt last long.. they figure out that you'll be back.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It is normal, and he'll grow out of it. My husband used to get his feelings hurt something awful when all our son wanted was mommy. And now (he's 20 months) all he wants is to be just like daddy.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009