Confession time?

Today, I went to breakfast with my best girlfriend. Something was bothering her but she wouldn't spill. I decided to talk politics until she felt like talking to me about what was bothering her. I mentioned that now was a great time to buy a home so they could get the tax deduction. I told her it would make her refund go from $2K to $10K.

She then asked me how I knew what she and her boyfriend were getting back. I told her that yesterday, her boyfriend asked me to look over their taxes.

She then told me that yesterday, her boyfriend came home smelling like sex and had lipstick on his private parts. He told her that he went to have their taxes done.

It wasn't me, I don't even wear lipstick. She doesn't believe me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Eek! I would give her time to clear her head and think clearly. She is just jumping to conclusions because it makes sense, but I am sure she will realize that you would never do that to her. She needs to talk with her bf and sort it out. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• She might have just been bluffing you, to see if you would confess to some kind of interest in her boyfriend. But it is a little strange. How do you still have lipstick visible on your private if you have just had enough sex to smell like sex?

JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would get them together,and ,I would tell him,I don't give a damn who you screwed,but me and so and so(your friends name) are friends ,,and I would never do that to her,and you better tell her it was'nt me!,And if she does'nt beleive you,then you have done all you can do,But what goes around comes around.Good Luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Wow. Im sorry your friends acting like that. Sounds like her bf is a real dirtbag! I guess I would just want to talk to the boyfriend and ask him wth gave her such an idea and if he did something he needs to fess up so that you dont lose your friendship! Its going to be really hard to get her to believe you if he keeps lying!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yeah, the story sounds a bit outrageous to be true. It's like JustAMom2008 said, how would you still have lipstick on your privates if you had sex? How does one smell like sex? I mean...I can't imagine that 10, 15 minutes after the deed, he could still smell like that....

I think she was fishing. She's paranoid and I would suspect this isn't the first time he has cheated or that she has suspected he has cheated. Just stay away from her. My healthy, mature friends would never accuse me of that. You need to understand while people are in relationships like that, they have no ability to reason.

I had a friend who thought I was after her boyfriend. It was thoroughly insulting that she thought I would want HIM. He was a cheating, unattractive, gf beater who had given her chlamydia twice! Yeahhhh like I really want that! But girls think every other girl wants their man. It's crazy, I tell ya!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It doesn't really make sense what your friend is saying. What does sex smell like? If he had sex, how can he still have lipstick down there? It sounds like this is coming from a friend that isn't very secure in the friendship. I know my husband wouldn't cheat but even if I was with a man who would, I know my friends better than that. If I can't trust them in that way, I don't associate with them. Sounds like a pretty crappy friend to just start pointing fingers at you. I would tell her that while you understand that she is going through an incredibly rough emotional situation, it isn't fair to point fingers at innocent people. Tell her how it makes you feel and if she still can't get beyond that, then maybe it's time to distance yourself from her. It isn't healthy to be "friends" with someone like that.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If it wasn't you then why are you anonymous?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well, IMO, if you guys were having sex instead of looking over the taxes, then you wouldn't know what was on the return then would you? And you hopefully wouldn't have been stupid enough to tell her you were the one doing the taxes knowing your lipstick and smell got all over her man...

Maybe he used you as the cover and did something AFTER he saw you....you gave him his "alibi"...he was probably figuring his girl would question him, and then he could say, but your friend was the one who did them, she can vouch for where I was...sounds like he didn't figure on her being mad at you for an "affair" but thought he could get away without being caught....
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree w/ PP maybe you were just the cover story.
    And maybe your friend is just really paranoid and fishing for things.
    I had a friend at work whose gf would randomly pull his pants off after he got home from work. He'd think he was getting a bj, but she'd just be sniffing around to see if he smelled like sex. ::shudder:: that's kinda creepy!
    and YES sex has a smell!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well some people have really shitty friends! Im sure you are a good friend and would never do that, but my best friend of 18 yrs tried to get my husband to sleep with her. So it does happen! I agree that you are the cover story. She will probably never believe you until she finds out the truth. In time she will. Maybe you should give her some space until then. Good luck!
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009