No crawling.....as of yet.

My dd will be 7 months this 16th. She's not crawling or even trying yet. Should I be concerned?

On a happier note, she is teething and making lots of sounds; very vocal :)

What month did your baby crawl and would you suggest a door jumper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Only half of all 7 month olds are crawling so no worries. She may never crawl and go straight to walking.
    You can get a door jumper, for something else for her to do, but being in that will not help her learn to crawl at all.
    Be patient amd enjoy not having to chase her yet!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My daughter played in a jumper a lot, and she didn't crawl until 10 months. According to pediatricians, this is just fine. Sounds like your little one is right on track! :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 10:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My son started crawling at 7 months... but my friends daughter is almost 10 months and not even trying to crawl yet. She asked her doctor about it and she said it isn't a problem. She might never crawl and just go straight to walking.
    I don't know if it made the difference... but I put my son on the floor a lot and my friend had her daughter in her jumperoo ALL of the time... I was thinking that it might have made her behind on her skills because she didn't spend enough time practicing. BUT maybe she would have been a slow crawler no matter what.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My baby girl is 7 months old and she is not crawling but she is trying. My first daughter started crawling at about 8 months. I would suggest a jumperoo over a door jumper, its safer.....good luck
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 11:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My boys are 8 months, Matt gets on all fours and rocks like he wants to crawl, but Isaac not so much. They both roll around the floor like crazy!!
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Not sure if you should be concerned or not...i know i PERSONALLY would be, but thats me. as far as my daughter she was crawling at 5 1/2 months and would get up on her knees to pretend to crawl around 5 months but she went backwards first! LOL and yes i like my door jumper for her, sometimes she hates it, but i think thats becuase our doors are really tall and she barely touches the floor! LOL but i like it
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• However, now that i think about it...NO you shouldnt be...my neice never crawled! DUH! Im dumb sometimes! some babies never do!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• tons of babies never crawl. I know that's a milestone you're looking forard to, but it may not happen, lol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Lots of babies never crawl..its not even a real milestone because of that. Some just skip the crawling and go straight to walking its not a big deal.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My little guy is 8 months old and just started crawling. I babysit a little that is 8 1/2 months old and she isn't rolling over, crawling, or putting any weight on her legs. The doctors aren't concerned yet. Give you little one time. Enjoy not having to chase him everywhere!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009