Ok so...Need advice. Plz read.

I had my doctors apt today.... Need advice...

So im 36 weeks pregnant as of yesterday, But im measuring 40 weeks. I have been measuring big since 32 weeks but never a four week difference, usually like two maybe three.
They said im 1cm Dilated....
Her heart rate was fine and everything.

But, i have been having pains & they said she is in position, or getting into position, she is dropping....

Does this mean i could go early?.....
I posted last night that i felt like i am have "labor instinct" like im going to go within the next two weeks....
has anyone experienced this??... measuring big (like four weeks ahead), dilation & stuff @ 36 weeks & went early???

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have they done an ultrasound on the baby since they noticed you were extra big? I measured 4 weeks bigger than I should have been also. I didn't even make it to 36 weeks. Turns out my little one had two problems with his intestines. They didn't form correctly, so we ended up in labor early, for like a week and a half even though the doctors did everything to stop it. Baby came 5 1/2 weeks early, there was so much fluid build up around the uterine sac that I looked like I was carrying twins. There's only so much water your little belly can hold before POP! But poor little one had to have surgery at two days old. Not trying to scare you, just telling you what we went through. It was really rough and he spent a month and a half in the NICU.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yup! Although after 1 cm i got stuck and they tried to induce me but it didnt work so i had a c-section (I also had toximia so dont let that scare you!)
    But a mother knows her body! And if your 36 weeks already.. and you think you might go in about 2 weeks.. thats 38 thts pretty good!!
    I had my daughter at 37!
    Dont worry.. you will know when the time comes!!
    But it looks like the time is coming soon!!
    Congrats!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I don't want to burst any bubbles, but a lot of women dilate to a 1, 2 or even a 3 early. I was at a 1 at 33 weeks, and at a 2 by 35 weeks.

As far as the measuring big, I measured 1-2 weeks early, but never four. It sounds like you may get yourself a big baby :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I was 3cm at my 36 week checkup, but went 40 weeks. My doctor kept telling me I could go into labor at anytime, but he didn't come early. So it's highly possible you could still go another 3-4 weeks.
    They may have also estimated your due date wrong and your little one could be just around the corner! Either way, congrats and good luck!
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Make sure they see if there's a problem with your little one that they can detect ahead of time. We had no heads up. One day they told me I was xtra big, we had an ultrasound done and they didn't know exactly what was up but told us there was a problem....then less than a week after that baby was here and hurting.....be prepared and educate yourself if there's a problem! I hope everything is ok!!!! by the way, part of your question was do I think you're starting labor? Honey you're in it....just relax, I know it's scary!!! have fun!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2009