Butt Pimples!

Lately my daughter has been getting nasty old-school zits on her butt! I have no idea where this is coming from - we haven't switched diapers or wipes - but almost every night before I lay her down, there's a nasty, yellow, puss-filled zit staring at me from her behind! I don't know what causes this or how to treat them, either. As a teen, I just popped my zits, but I know that's not the right thing to do with her. Anyone else ever dealt with baby butt acne?!?!

mommaruth07

Asked by mommaruth07 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be a yeast infection. My dd would get little pimples all over her butt. Yeast infections can happen on the outside, too. I would call the doc and describe it. They may have you bring her in to make sure.
    shanny1969

Answer by shanny1969 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Take her to the doctor as it may be a boil that needs to be drained.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My Nephew had this and the doctor said it was skin Bactria and not to pop them it will spread and be a scab there get her to a doctor get medicine.
    Momof2girls3-4

Answer by Momof2girls3-4 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009