Anyone know anyAdults with A.D.D./A.D.H.D.?

I was recently diagnosed with A.D.D. and I'm just wondering if anyone here has, or knows someone who has, been given a diagnosis also? Family doctors are not qualified to diagnosis this disorder. I know people who probably do have it but they've never been diagnosed. I had to undergo hours of questions and testing about every little detail of my life and family history etc. It's a long process. Worth it, though, because now I can get treatment for it. I'm on Adderall XR. At this point we're just playing with the dosage. I do feel different. More energy, more focus, I'm able to get a few things done. In the last week I've done more housework then I have so far this year. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there with the same problem and what meds are used to help manage it and any other pointers I can get.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 11:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• I have never been checked for it, but i think i have it because i can NOT concentrate on just one thing, i have to have a million things going at once, even when i am cleaning i will start one thing, stop start another, stop go back to what i was doing start another and then go back to other things. and when i am thinking...i can think of the weekend plans, then it just snow balls into next week, the following and somtimes even the next season! I cant just do one thing. but again never been checked so i just go with it! but my friend has it and used to be on meds til she took herself off.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have it, as do many other adult members of my family. We do a lot of work with lists to help us stay on track. I also grab my mp3 player and headphones when I need to get a lot done....it tunes out the distractions. Exercise is another thing that helps to clear the head of extra thoughts and gives us the energy to refocus.

There are a few members that will pop a Ritalin or Adderall when they are overwhelmed and need to really focus for work, but most of us stay away from the meds and are still able to function very well.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I do not know of meds to use, but I always look for something natural to help our family. I am a distributor for a company that has a product you really need to take a look out. Folks have had some amazing results! take a look at  www.sharethecause.com/hastily  Email me for further info jmcansler@gmail.com

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 6:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I was diagnosed last year with ADD. Were you aware we have a group here for adults with ADD/ADHD? If you're not already a member I think you'd really enjoy it and get a lot of your questions answered.
    L.A.F.outloud

Comment by L.A.F.outloud (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010