Toddler Cabin Fever

I know that spring is almost here & we can finally start taking our babies back outside to play!!!

I had the hardest time trying to find new games and new ways to play inside with my 18-month-old this past winter, and so I ask you other moms:

WHAT DID YOU & YOUR TODDLER DO TO KEEP FROM GOING INSANE WHEN YOU'RE LOCKED UP INDOORS FOR HOURS AND HOURS ON END....?????

mommaruth07

Asked by mommaruth07 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We build pillow forts, play with play-dough, we do arts & crafts (simple things that I can help her with). Sometimes I put a bunch of towels on the floor & some pots & pans filled with water. I made a felt board that she loves to play with. We also play games like ring around the rosey & pat-a-cake. Something else that has proven most helpful & fun is a book called Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Toddlers and Preschoolers. She loves to imitate me doing the poses & it seems to really calm her on those hyper sort of days.
    MamaApio

Answer by MamaApio at 2:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I play ball w/ my son, you know rolling it. We play music and dance. We love books. We watch TV. We have a dog he likes to play with. He is very interrested in any thing I am doing like cleaning, reading, laundry. He likes to play w/ blocks. Just everything.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Singing and dancing or finger painting. We also like to put shaving cream on a small table and play in it and draw in it with our fingers. Its non-staining and if it gets on the floor it just cleans right up.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2009