If you are a SAHM will you continue to stay home when your youngest is in school?

I want to go back to school once my youngest starts school. But I haven't really decided. Our boys are 2 1/2 and 17 months & we still plan on having more. So no decision needs to be made now. Just curious.

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm going to go to school too :) I will be home when they get home though. Being Mom is my favorite and most important job.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Most likely. I have no urge to go back to work. I haven't had a job since March of 2000 when I was pregnant with my oldest child. My youngest is 3 and will start kindergarten in 2 years. I might take some classes online but not much else.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I am a SAHM currently with our 2 1/2 year old son and our daughter who will soon make her entrance into the world any day now! I am still going to school full-time because even going full-time I am only gone a few hours a few days out of the week. One semester I had my classes arranged where I only had to go 2 days, which was great, but most semesters I end up going 4 days a week, but as I said, only for a few hours, so it's not bad at all. I will have my BA before my kids are in school and yes, I plan on going to work as soon as they are. Of course, I'm going for Elementary Education, so going back to work when they are in school will be keeping me closer to them anyhow if I work in the same school, which is my intention, lol! We are also unsure of whether we will have more kids or not though, so I could be working in 5 years or it could take even longer, because I do plan on staying home until they're all in school.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 11:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I may go back to school. By the time my youngest goes to school, my daughter will be old enough that I should probably be home after school.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I've been home 11 years and don't need to work right now. My kids are 8 & 11. Why should I have to work now and stress over whose going to watch them when they have their vacations from school? Even schools aren't hiring for the times I'm available because I have one in elementary school and the other in middle school. They leave and come home different times. I can't leave them home alone because my 11 year old is immature. I'll stay home as long as I need to. I tried though. LOL
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 11:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I might stay home....just to re-coop from the toddler years! rofl
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My kids are 15 and 9. I stayed home till my youngest was 8. Then I got a job in a school, so I was still home when the kids were. I still work at the middle school and I go to school full time in the evening :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2009