Any SAHMs willing to admit its much easier than being a working mom?

I hear all the time about how rough SAHMs have things. They have to take care of their kids all day long while cleaning and cooking for their families. A million and one errands to run, things to get done. It can be a busy job. I get it.

But I have to admit, its still pretty darn easy. I've been a SAHM for nearly 8 years. Surely I'm not the only SAHM willing to admit that its not nearly as hard as some SAHMs make it out to be. I understand that working moms have to do everything we do, plus bring home a paycheck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, I will admit it. I have done both. Trust me, working moms can run circles around the stay at home moms. They do all stay at home moms do, plus work full time. How can you compare? They are much more organized and in better health!!
    Anonymous

• I was a SAHM only and now I work part time. So I have done both and working is definitely harder then being a SAHM. And I never acted like it was harder because I knew it was easier.
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 11:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I've been both. Enjoy being a working mom better. I agree there is a lot less stress being a sahm but for me, mentally, it is a lot harder. It stinks having no adults to interact with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think being a SAHM is harder than getting out of the house and going to work. I work, and I love it. But I think it would be harder to stay home all day.
    Anonymous

• I am a SAHM but I used to work up until recently. I would have to say some days are easier then other just like when you are at work. So I would not say it is easier but I would not say its harder either. Every new day brings a new challenge it feels like, not much different then being at work. The only thing I really miss about working is having adult conversations.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I was a stay at home mom for awhile and now I am a single working mom. I think both are hard and when you stay home people ask you to do stuff or watch their kids because you are home. The time seems to fly by when you are home and I don't mess my kitchen up until dinner but when you are home you make lunch then clean the kitchen and it is an all day thing. On the other hand I do it myself and Im constantly stressed and I go al day long and the list never gets shorter. i am the only one to do any duties now, I have to work, then school activites, sports, homework, clean, dinner, shop, errands, yard work, and the list never ends so i think it is harder but Im also alone so it makes a difference. I think SAHM are busy and aren't lazy at all they are working, they just have the luxury of taking more time for things and prioritizing differently where i have to let some things slide.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• to the original poster.... How many kids do you have???
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have always had house full of kids for my three kids many many times mostly for each of my three, at one time. Being a mom who works in my home not outside of my home I am a volunteer school teacher and on call doctor for my kids and some times for their friends too. I've been a working mom in my home for with my youngest a teen with two older kids for nearly twenty five years. Being a mom is hard period no matter who we all as moms with and with out partners earn money for our families.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I've been everything I think. The hardest part about being a stay at home mom is the isolation. I think that is why Cafemom is so popular. There is more juggling when you work out side the home. I prefere to be home either with or without a job, but home.

Anonymous

• I have 3 kids, 2, 5, and 7.

I'm NOT knocking SAHMs - I'm one myself. I'm just saying I'm sick of the comparison, and I enjoy that my job is easier than it would be if I had to work and do what I do on a daily basis.
    Anonymous