Does any other woman hate the way the clothing companies are cutting everything smaller and smaller these days? And how it seems you have to be a size 0-2 to be pretty and if not your FAT??! I just think its BS!

I hate that i go into a store that i used to be able to wear a size 13 in juniors and now i cant even get the 17 up! That is crazy! Or how i go into Aero and their ADULTS x-small would be tight on my 10 MONTH not year MONTH old daughter! And that people a few months ago were saying how Jennifer Love-Hewitt was fat in a size 4! No wonder there are more girl starving themselves these days. My 8 year old neice says she needs to work out to loose weight because shes fat! I told her "your not fat, you are beautiful and dont let anyone tell you different!" she isnt even fat! She is in a little girls size 6/7! That is FAR from fat and even if she were heavy at 8 years old that is the wrong time for her herself to be worring about it! Is it just me or is everyone taking the weight issue a little too far these days? There is healthy and there is extreme! UGH it makes me mad! Marlyn Monroe was said to be beautiful what changed?

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 11:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel the same.. I was a size 18 at my biggest and felt like a blimp, I have been a size 10/12 for the past yr or so and I still get looked at like I'm a blimp. I dress for my age (36) but I feel like some of the clothes made for my age are frumpy and if I want to wear something more youthful I can't find it... My niece 'is the same as yours,she thinks shes fat , she's 10, a size 10 in girls and I told my sister she'd better keep a close eye on her, she's wearing jeans that look like she's poured herself in them and tight little shirts... I have boys and I hate to say it but I'm so happy I don't have a girl...I have a hard enough time dealing with the crap on my own,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It's sad.....very sad. I even find the same is going for maternity clothes. They are being made for women who are extremely skinny and just happen to have a pregnant belly. I have a very large chest so I cannot fit into any clothes for my size.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I know what you mean when i was prego i couldnt find shirts to fit my arms right, and they arent big, but because they arent the size or pencils i had a hard time, and if i did find some they would pinch me! I am not a HUGH person, i could stand to loose a few pounds, but i deff am not a 16W and that is what i am about to start having to wear because everthing else is so damn small!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm thinking they may be using metric measurements to cut instead of inches. Just my theory.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I hate how T-shirts are cut for the sleeve to go halfway up the bicep. For women who don't have toned arms LIKE ME, the look is not flattering at all. They accentuate my flabby arms. I hate summer clothing!!!! I want my sleeves to reach my elbow.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• oh anon i kno what u mean about the maternity clothes! i only wanted one nice outfit to go out to dinner and on vaca , thats all ... but nooooo couldnt get that!! ...

the close i wear are made for thicker grls ... i dont have a HUGE tummy , but im thick , so i wear baby phat and roca wear , etc .... things like that make their clothes for thicker grls alota times
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• theres a big difference between being skinny, and being healthy/fit.

at my heaviest i was wearing a sz 20w. i've had three children, and have fought lang and hard to regain my fitness. before i had my children i was extremely active and weighed about 115. i know i will never be that again, i don't want to try. but having joing/back problems i had to resolve myself to do SOMETHING. so i did. i quit kidding myself and got moving, quit eating junk and making excuses.
    i'm now comfortable in a sz 6, and am down to 136. and can finally play with my kids without getting winded!

i don't think that you're wrong about the clothes, they ARE being cut smaller to suit the current styles, which is just plain silly. i dress quite conservatively.

if it fits i wear it. regardless of what the size says- that alone shouldn't determine your self worth. just be happy being you. and be the best you that you possibly can! :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• all of you ladies are saying that you could stand to lose a few pounds inches, and are "thick" may i please say for the other side that as a size 2, i HATE it!!!! i feel i am TOOOOOOOOO skinny, and sometimes so does my husband! please dont feel you need to lose anything just because your not "skinny"
    i am just now getting to a size that i can actually shop in the ADULT section, instead of shopping in the kids section with my eight year old daughter!
    the clothing companies DO NOT make clothes for REAL women! and probably never will
    and as for maternity clothes, i just stole my hubby's clother instead of buying something i would wear that long! they looked better on me than on him anyways!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• LOL! YES! I travel alot, so I go to lots of malls... What I have found is that if you go in Hollister, American Eagle, Ambercrombie, etc... you can't find a large or x-large anywhere, but the smalls and x-smalls are overloaded.... It's because no one can wear those sizes. It's funny when my daughter was in high school, she used to feel bad because she couldn't find those sizes... I had to explain to her that it was because everyone was buying out the larges and x-larges...!!!
    Anonymous

• Well if I were living in ancient times, back when big was beautiful, I would probably have the bod of a Goddess! But there are still lots of men who like meat on their women.
    I am trying to stay healthy. Going shopping for clothing is not fun. I agree that summer time clothing stinks sometimes and I don't mean the smell.... lol
    My daughter is big and tall! She's a young girl and it's hard to find girly clothing for an Amazon!

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 12:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009