potting training a two and 3.5 year old

My two year old is doing great, she ask to go even at night when she has a diaper on. My 3.5 year old, on the other hand, will pee on the floor in the bathroom right next to the toilet then tell you she wet herself...HELP..how do I fix this?

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• There's a couple things you can do.
    1) Make sure she has on elastic waist clothing. They come down a lot easier and quicker then snaps or buttons.
    2) Offer a treat like an m&m when she goes on the toilet.
    3) If she is making it to the bathroom, and she is as old as she is, it okay to tell her that what she is doing ( next to the toilet) is unacceptable, and she needs to make it to the toilet.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 12:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well I'm sure you know the jargon about children developing at their own rates, but otherwise I think you should just reward good behavior (treats when she goes on her own) and constantly ask her if she has to go so that she's not waiting until the last minute. Sounds tedious but that's less of a hassle than cleaning up ur bathroom floor all the time!
    Candy423521

Answer by Candy423521 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009