Contractions?

I am 27 weeks pregnant and sometimes when I stand up, have been standing or walking my abdomin gets really tight and hard. I always just thought the baby was low but do you think it is little contractions? I am not quite sure what a brax and hicks contraction feels like, could that be it? Thank you

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thats what braxton hicks feel like :) Sometimes they can be a little uncomfortable too. You will know its the real deal when the same thing happens, but it hurts like hell.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• This is most likely brax hicks if you are only 27 weeks. To know for sure change positions and drink lots of water should make them go away. ALso brax hicks have no set pattern as a real contraction will so if they seem to happen alot just time them and see if they come in a set pattern for 1 hour. Don't worry to much they will start around 20 weeks usually and keep coming until till they are the real thing your body is just preparing.
    SusanReeves

Answer by SusanReeves at 12:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• This is my second child so I know what a real contraction feels like and I am not worried about going into labor. I was just curious because I wasnt exactly sure what a brax and hicks contraction was like. I am glad I finally know what it actually is! Thank you
    lillysmama2008

Answer by lillysmama2008 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2009