How can I get my body to stop producing milk?

My 3 month old daughter has been on formula full-time since last week but my body is still producing milk and it's getting painful! I ended up pumping last night just for some relief...Any suggestions?

JaneRM

Asked by JaneRM at 11:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't know what you are supposed to do but I did what my sister did. Those ace bandages that you can wrap around you is what I used. Wrapped it tightly around my breasts. Probably took a couple or three weeks. It is VERY painful, your boobs will get rock hard and it is not pleasant.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you do the good motherly thing and breastfeed?
    Anonymous

• Ouch! I may nurse a bit longer - but I work full time and it's not possible to pump during the day.
    JaneRM

Answer by JaneRM at 12:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Stop pumping all you are doing is continueing to stimulate the milk gland just don't do nothing let it dry up by itself and wear a comfortable bra or sports bra to help with the weight of the breast until you are all dried up. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yeah unfortunately all you can do is wait it out - the calm comes after the storm in this case!
    Candy423521

Answer by Candy423521 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• cold packs and wait it out i fyou pump only do a very very very little cause it tells you body it needs to make more.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• This is going to sound really weird but I promise it works, mine dried up in three days, completely! Buy a head of cabbage, not lettuce, but cabbage and put one leaf on each side inside your bra. Something in the leaves will dry you up. I swear on this!! But definately do not pump, it will make you keep producing. The cabbage will also help with the engorged feeling. Try it!!
    caitlin.tolcher

Answer by caitlin.tolcher at 4:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Oh and you have to change the leaves out every so often like when you change your breast pads
    caitlin.tolcher

Answer by caitlin.tolcher at 4:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009