Random Acts of Kindness

Today at the grocery store, a man approached me and offered me a Catalina coupon for $6 off an $80 purchase which was expiring today. He said he didn't have enough in his cart to use it and it looked like I did. I accepted it and thanked him. What a blessing to receive!

So, what was the most recent or most significant random act of kindness that you have received?

May-20

Asked by May-20 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Seems like I never have but give it out a lot.
    Anonymous

• Just yesterday, my son and I got on the bus and I put my dollar into the machine. I had one dollar left and that was for the way home, we were going to the doctors office. I knew I wouldn't be able to get to the drug store until Friday because it was literally my last 2 dollars! Anyway as we were walking to the back to take our seats, an older man handed me a bus pass that was good for the entire day! He said he would be getting off at the next stop and didn't need it. So I was able to get more done yesterday than I thought I would.
    Anonymous

• I came home from lunch one day and my elderly nieghbors were cutting my grass. She said it was my thanksgiving gift and now I could have that time wit my daughter. It was so nice!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i seem to give rather than receive
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• wow can't believe your'e asking this question ... fate just allowed me to pay back with kindness some one who helped me out in a most incredible way. When I was pregnant with my third baby we thought I had breast cancer, I did not. But two older children did not make that time easy at all for me. Family was far away. My husband's coworker, then a single guy in his twenties came and watched my two older kids on the day of my breast biopsy. He walked with our two kids for ice cream too. He has always been my hero for that. Two weeks ago, my husband and this friend nearly 17 years later, still work together, was moving and we were in that state for business. We fit into our own crowded car several boxes of his. He was honored that I remember what he'd done for me and glad we could help him. Also before we left for home I was able to loan him a household item he desperately needed before he moved. He is my hero.
    Anonymous

• When I didn't have enough money at the store. my groceries came up to 55.00 and I had 51.00, no problem I was going to put something back. A lady behind me gave me the rest and said" Looks like you're making lunches so you must have kids" I said"yes" and she said" don't put it back I understand I have kids also". So very nice of her. I often look for her in the store so I can repay her
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• The one that really struck us happened several months ago. We were seriously hurting for money at the time. My husband was talking to some of his coworkers about stuff and one pulled him aside and said he'd been praying about what to do with some extra money he had and gave him $100.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• our church gave $50 to anyone who would take the challenge. We had to pray about it and listen to God and then do what he said with the money. I took $50 and it was a huge burden to figure out if it was my ideas or God leading me and of course we all wanted to do something great with the money where we used it for postage to mail out letters and turn it into thousands. It didn't happen for me because I was in walmart and the strangest thing happened. A lady commented on my daughter in the cart and I said she looked like she had some well behaved boys. She proceeded to tell me what a terrible day they were having and that she was trying to return a few christmas gifts so she would have money for school lunches. she said they are $45/month now for her 2 kids. A warm feeling washed over me and I remembered the $50 in my purse. It was like time stood still and we were the only ones in the store as I gave her the cash.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I made a charity quilt for St. Judes Children's Hospital. It was a true blessing to be able to do that. I also made some quilts for a N.I.C.U. That was a gift worth giving.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009