how can i get my boy to use the toilet

AlexaG

Asked by AlexaG at 12:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son didn't really start to use the toilet until I'd put him into a daycare that was mostly boys. When he was able to observe other boys his age using the toilet standing up he started to figure it out on his own. I'd say let him observe another male and how it's done.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• my son watches daddy and now wants to stand up instead of sitting down. But it's still hard for him to even sit down/!
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 1:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Cheerios! Put one or two in the toilet and tell him to aim for them! This is how we got potty training boys in daycare to use the toilet.
    natalieg

Answer by natalieg at 1:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• This may sound silly but I put little stickers all around the toilet , to make it look fun ! My son has Autism and believe it or not it worked. who would have thought !!!!!!!!!
    MommyJanice44

Answer by MommyJanice44 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2009