How long did it take your infant to adjust to daycare?

It sucks, but we had to put our 9 week old babies in daycare a week ago. While I was home with them our baby boy was very laidback. His twin sister on the otherhand was more of the one who wanted to be held all the time. Now that they are in daycare he is the total opposite. He will only sleep in the swing at daycare. The provider will hold him to put him to sleep and within a few minutes of laying down, he is awake crying. At home, he will sleep in the swing or the portable crib in our room, but not his crib in his room. As soon as he's laid down he starts squirming and wakes up. Our baby girl, sleeps and sleeps and just seems content. I know all babies are different and that's very evident here, but if you had a problem like this, how long did it take for your baby to be okay with the new arrangements?

mommystiebler

Asked by mommystiebler at 12:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't have a problem like this with Kaylee, but I would suggest talking to your daycare provider about the schedule they are on. Consistency is key with making a smooth transition, and it will help a lot if you and the daycare are on the same page.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My son started at 12 weeks... he didn't have a problem at all. He had days that didn't go well, but I helped show my daycare provider the things I did for him that he liked and she did those things and things went better.
    Talk to your provider and see if you can both do the same things... it might go better.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009