my hubby and cleaning....

i was just wondering does anyone elses husband do this....my husband says baby ill help you clean, i say ok and i start cleaning and he goes off and starts "cleaning" when im done and i walk to where ever he was cleaning, i have to go back and clean it again cause he does a half assed job. now dont get me wrong i appreciate the help and effort he put in. but oh my goodness. my husband cant clean for the life of him...lol...it drives me nuts.

armywife142

Asked by armywife142 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! At least he does that much! My ex used to hide in the bathroom and play chess on his phone while I was cleaning so that I didn't ask him to help me!
    Anonymous

• My DH is such a neat freak. Most of the time he goes back and checks my work lol
    Anonymous

• My DH will start doing elective stuff and move at a slow pace. I'll clean the house from top to bottom and he's still organizing an office drawer when we are expecting company. I can't complain because he does a lot of house work I'd rather not( snow clean up, last night he had to fix the boiler).
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i tell my husband hes worse then the kids. ( 1/2 a%& ) lol. only good job he does when he helps..dishes.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yeah, my husband and I have two very different ideas of what "Clean" is. He goes more for the illusion of clean. You know, hide the big stuff and wipe the counters down with a dry cloth. I usually end up going around behind him too and finishing the job. Sometimes I get frustrated but most of the time I just look at it as him saving me the time in the end. I could have to do the whole thing by myself.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• When my hubby does that, I give him a hug and say "thank you so much for helping me!" I don't clean up after he cleans because I think it would diminish his "gift" to me. I would feel pretty rotten if someone did that to me :( Even if it's not perfect, it's a gift to me when he does something for me. I LOVE that man!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 12:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If it is something that needs to be redone due to sanitry reasons. Then do it over!
    Anonymous

• at least he helps. My DF never helps me AT ALL
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yep. His definition of "cleaning" is my definition of "straightening up". He'll tell me he's going to clean the bedroom and 10 minutes later everythings picked up, but put in a pile in the corner. Men.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My DH doesnt even try LOL. Id be grateful for the offer or half hearted attempt.

However, I understand...most men dont get cleaning very well.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2009