Do you think this is wrong?

I want to wait at least 3 months before I see a doctor when I become pregnant. I am taking vitiams already so that should help out but do you think I am being selfish? I had a miscarriage in Jan and got the go ahead to try again after I had at least 1 normal period (which I did). I just don't want to go to a doctor again only to be let down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I don't know if it is wrong, but I don't understand the line of thinking. I personally would want to know all is ok as soon as is humanly possible.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'd think and wait a while longer than one or two periods before trying again. I'm so sorry about what happened. You didn't do any thing to make the miscarriage happened. Several sister in laws of mine went through them too. Emotions of the miscarriage and the physical miscarriage can both affect the body. Maybe wait longer? The doctor though didn't make it happen either but can check you where you can't bloodwork etc. for guidance. Maybe another doctor? I hope you know, believe that you did not cause yourself to miscarriage. A doctor since the misc and early in another preg could give guidance earlier. Thinking of you wish wishes for yours and baby's good health.
    Anonymous

• If you are at risk for miscarriage then I think you should see your doctor as soon as you know you are pregnant. Even if you get pregnant and don't see a doctor and then miscarry again, you are going to be hurt and heartbroken either way. If you don't see the doctor and then something happens to the baby, you may always wonder what if and possibly blame yourself. I lost 3 babies and if I had not had close contact with my doctor then I may not have ended up with the miracle I have today. Some miscarriages can be prevented by something as easily as taking extra progesterone in the first 3 months. Also, after miscarriage, doctors usually like to do early ultrasounds to make sure everything is going accordingly. I would definitely get in as soon as possible if it were me. I am sorry for your loss and I know from experience how hard that is, but you have to do everything possible for the next baby.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Just a thought, but maybe switch practitioners? Maybe a midwife? Many doctors have midwives in practice with them (your doctor might even). Maybe that would strike the balance between seeking the care you need but helping alieviate your hesitation to see a doctor. I can understand your fear but you have to do what is best for this new potential life.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• don't listen to any of these women...including me...u just do want you want sweetie
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 4:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009