anyone ever have a miscarraige?

I have just been so worried. I found out I was pregnant Feb 24, but I have been bleeding since feb 21. Its been med-light, no major cramping or anything. I went to the ER have been doing bloodtests, waiting for the most recent results. My midwife doesn't think I'm miscarrying, but sometimes I just can't help but think that I am. I just want to be prepared though. Has anyone here had a miscarraige and wouldn't mind sharing your experience with me. I just want to know what to expect, especially emotionally. btw. I didn't want to be pregnant in the first place (we wren't ready for another one, but I believe all children are blessings and although I was worried and scared at first, I was also excited and happy.)

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had two, one with my first pregnancy at 6w and one with my 4th pregnancy at 12w. With the first we had planned the pregnancy and so we were of course devastated. I cried a lot for a few days and didn't want to see anyone. Nothing anyone said helped (especially the person who said that maybe we were too excited about the baby). I did recover quickly though and got pregnant again the next month.
    My second m/c was with an unplanned pregnancy. My hubby'd had a vasectomy so we were really not trying, but we were very excited and happy about it. The second was much harder in every way. I started bleeding very badly and had to have a d&c to stop it, I was further along and that much more attached to the baby, we'd told our other kids and so then had to explain that the baby had died. We decided against trying again, but a few months later were surprised by another pregnancy. I think no matter if it was a planned ...
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I felt the same as you. I didn't want to be pregnant but then again I knew how much I loved my son and it would be ok. I miscarried on Christmas morning. That was hard! I also felt a lot of guilt because I hadn't wanted to be originally. I wasn't even two months along so I moved on fairly quickly. I was down for a couple of months but knew it was for the best, wasn't meant to be, ya know? Hope you are worried for no reason!
    Anonymous

• I think that no matter if it was planned or not, the baby is loved and wanted and that you will miss him/her. I found it harder the second time because I knew more of what I was missing. I didnt' get to hear that baby's heartbeat or see it on u/s. I didn't get to feel him/her move inside me or see the looks on my other kids faces when they felt the baby move. It's not just the loss of a pregnancy, it's the loss of all the hopes and dreams for your pregnancy, childbirth, and for the child. It is hard and I keep those two babies in my heart at all times, but it does fade from the sharp pain it begins as. What you feel is right for you, it may not be like what others feel or what others think you should feel, but it will be right for you. You will feel a loss and you will grieve, but eventually you may feel ready to try again. Good luck with everything, I hope it all goes well and you have a happy healthy baby in 9 months
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009