When will I deliver?

I am now 34 weeks, 1 day pregnant. At 31 weeks I was sent to the hospital and put on bed rest b/c I had preterm labor. I was having very light and nearly painless period-like cramps for 2 days. I waited until my dr's appt to let her know about it and she decided to check my cervix. I was dilated to 2cm. By the next day I was already 5-6cm (with virtually no pain). I got the steroid shots for the babies lungs and was sent home after 9 days. Now I'm waiting. I had to leave work early to go on bed rest and I can no longer do half the activities I'm used to. I know I may have a while to go, but I'm getting impatient staring at these four walls. I delivered my daughter 3 weeks early and I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation. Any advice would help. Thanks!

Michelle0082

Asked by Michelle0082 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my son I started to thin and dialate at 28 weeks along. He was engaged for about 5 weeks before I delivered him. I finally delivered him at 38 weeks along.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 12:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Each baby can be different. And unfortunately your cervix can shrink back down. Be patient. It will come when it is ready.
    myboyz5

Answer by myboyz5 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i had my son at 36 weeks excatly... i went in for a doc appt at 35 weeks to tell my doc i was going out of town for the weekend (which he told me was ok since I only went 4 hours away) and then at my 36 week appt I was 2 cm dialated when I went in for my appt we scheduled the c-sec (i had placenta previa) and went on my way, went out to lunch and also to visit a friend who was delivering her baby. While at the hospital I was told by everyone there including one of my friends nurses to go to the hospital I was delivering at and 4 hours later I had my son (didn't even know I was in labor just thought I had gas or something) I was also on bed rest early in my preg due to a torn uterus (4 wks on BR) and it sucks so bad. I feel for you... I read a lot of books and crocheted....
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Try not to hurry it alon gto much, I know you are anxious, but there is still a chance of breathing problms and stuff this early. Rather you be home bored and pregnant than having to visit the nicu everyday.
    Anonymous