some blood in poop?

my son age 3 didnt make it to the potty so i has to change him and noticed some blood in his poop not alot but enough to me he seems normal like a 3 year old he didnt cry saying he hurt he didnt strain. looks like normal poop, color and all. the doc office hasent called me back yet. what do u ladys think?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it is red then its fresh and from a tear. It could have been a hard stool and he got a little tear or something and it will be fine. If it is dark then you should see a dr. because it could be coming from the stomach or somewhere higher.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• just keep an eye on it.. if it gets worse then i'd call the dr but a little can be normal/okay.
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 1:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My son has blood in his stool and it was gastroenteritis, he had to be put on meds.
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• could be quite a few things most of them not a big deal I would go to the doc.
    dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 1:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2009