***TMI*** Could this be a sign of labor?

Ok so this is going to be way TMI but this is my fourth child and no labor so far has been the same. I was having some light contractions last night but they stopped. I was also in L&D at 31 weeks for some contractions and they said I was a 2 but since I have three other kids and the oldest is 3 and the youngest is 1 that perhaps that was as small as my cervix gets. They didn't feel like I was in a progressive labor so they sent me home with all the normal precautions. So this morning I'm having a lot of pressure and I feel from looking in the mirror that the baby has dropped. No "real" contractions though in my opinion but first thing this morning I got up to go pee and when I sat down there was a HUGE queef that came out... (sorry told you it was TMI) I'm going to see my doctor this afternoon but was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else. Seems logically like it could be a sign but I don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OP here, should mention that I am almost 33 weeks and I have had two prior deliveries at 36 weeks.
    Anonymous

• It's normal. You're not in labor.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but a queef is not a sign of labor
    Anonymous

• (This is the OP) Ok just wondering if anyone had experienced it, I've only had that happen after sex and that hasn't happened in looong time (at least according to my husband)
    Anonymous

• no i dont think its a sign of labor, queefs are basically just air up there that comes out... its not a sign of labor though, i personally have never experienced this but i think one time or another, at one point in a womens life, they queef lol.... but i dont think during pregnancy its a sign of labor... its just air.... but good luck & congrats!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes, queefing normally occurs directly before the mucus plug falls out and approximately 24 hours prior to your water breaking. Pack your bags! You're going to the hospital soon!!!
    Anonymous

• (This is the OP) To Anon 1:53 Seriously? Sorry I'm not good at detecting sarcasm, especially online. I'm just concerned cause I am supposed to go to my grandma's funeral tomorrow morning and it is about 3 hours away and since I am only 33 weeks I really feel like I need to be here because our hospital has a huge children's hospital attached with some of the best pediatrician's/nicu doctors in the state (if not the best) and I want the safest thing for my child. I don't want to miss my grandma's funeral but I would feel better if my husband and I weren't rushing with 3 other kids to get back here to have a c-section (I require one since I've already had three).
    Anonymous