how do i find out what the family visiting dates are? is there a website that has the correct information?I'm looking to visit Ft. Benning, GA supposedly on 4/4-4/5. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Contact the family readiness group or call the base. They might know.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• http://www.benningmwr.com/index.php

Try this address. If its a National Guard family day then you would have to contact the unit.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Good Luck! My son is in Ranger training at Ft. Benning. The information on Family Day and such was very poor! Family Day can be part of graduation or a few weeks a head of that--depending on his CO. Some only get a day, some a few hours, and our son was fortunate to get three days. We didn't know for sure what he would have until maybe a week or so before!!! It was a pain making reservations. He knew he would have one or two days off--it turned into Friday through Sunday. From what I have seen from other moms on the military sites on Cafemom, there isn't a "set" Family Day schedule. I even called the base twice trying to find out information:-)

IF you have a general day--as it looks like you do--I would make the reservations to cover the day before to the day after---4/3---4/6.  If you can drive there, then just plan on 4/4--4/6. This is for Basic Training, right?

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• soldierschapel.com......my husbandd went to ft benning for basic, and that site gave me most of the info that he couldnt:) hope it helps gl
    kasiface

Answer by kasiface at 12:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009