What can I do with these damn gnats?

Where do they come from if they come from fruit...Are they just stow aways from the grocery store? If so how do they hide?
I just hate it when we are eating at dinner and you see one or two stupid gnats fly by or over your food that is disgusting!!!!

What to do to get rid of them? I have already put my fruit in the fridge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Wipe your counter down with vinager.. They dont like the smell and they will go away...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i read once to take a two liter bottle of cola and drill a tiny hole in the cap and then only leave like an inch of soda in the bottom and they will go in there and not be able to get out. Only read it haven't tried it but it makes sense
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 1:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• take a jar fill it a third of the way with apple cidar vinegar cover it with some plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it then secure the wrap with a rubber band. the gnats including flies or flying pest will be attracted to it fly in and cant get out and die !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• that is a great question. I had them when we first moved in our house and for some reason they went away..I don't know how but I am glad they did!
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My grandmother taught me this..... set a out a bowl of vinegar and put a enough Dawn in to turn the vinegar blue. Works everytime.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 4:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I don't have them from fruit. I have them from my plants!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I buy a bug killer at Lowes,made by HotShot, you don't spray it and they don't stick to it, its plastic with this yellow stuff inside it, it lets off a fume that kills gnats, ants, spiders, etc... I put it by my sink in the kitchen, the kids don't even notice it and they can't put their fingers in it... It works great!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 5:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Try Skin So Soft Spray. Its inexpensive, works well and is green friendly! www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping It also works great
    for mosquitos!!! GL! oh and this is gross but its usually that the eggs are the fruit and hatch
    once you get home ;)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009