What do I do when I know my grandkids are in a bad place and their mother is not willing to do anything about it?

My step daughter just told us she is having a second child and her first is not yet 1. She has no money coming in, the father is not to be around children, and his brother is an offender. We already turned in the latter part, that he is staying there, and I am beside myself what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Unfortunately sounds like nothing but to be there for them.

Anonymous

• You pick up that little device called a phone, turn her into DCFS and then you try to get custody. I know alot of people, especially grandmas who have had to do this. Don't feel bad about it. You know more.
    Anonymous

• DCFS? there is no abuse or neglect going on, good grief why are people so quick to dial them?!
    Anonymous

• if theres no abuse or neglect then dcfs will determine that and they should not worry then.
    Anonymous

• Maybe if ppl were quicker to dial them so many small children wouldn't be abused, neglected, or killed due to parents being a bunch of jerks!
    Anonymous

• hope + pray + wish for the best. keep a watchful eye out for any signs of abuse or neglect; make sure your daughter understands that as much as you love her, you're not going to sit by and let her hurt your grandkids - if anything suspicious comes up, alert the authorities. your #1 job as a grand-mother is to look out for your family, grandkids come first!
    mommaruth07

Answer by mommaruth07 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• No abuse or neglect? by "offender" do you mean sex offender? And you don't see a problem with that?
    Anonymous