A little confused...please advise

Been seeing this guy for over 2 months. We get along great talk for hours abt everthing and nothing, we were to the point where we could tell what the other was thinking abt or what they'd say next...we're highly compatible. He met my kids...we all did activities together everything seemed fine. He wnt on a long weekend and then tld me he wasn't ready for a relationship that involved kids & even said that he didn't know if he ever would b. I tol him that was understandable and thought we'd say goodbye to romantic part. He then proceeds to tell me he wants to b exclusive friends with benefits. I tell my feelings for him and i would EVENTUALLY (not right away) wnt something deeper. He didnt see that happening. ...cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, IMO he is using a different angle. He tells you in plain english he doesn't want a relationship, and doesn't want one that involves kids. Then still lets you know he wants to have all the benefits of having a relationship with you, but without putting in the quality time or emotions that should go along with it. When he realized you are a smart,strong, confident woman, he switched up his game to try and get some booty. And the text said that he wanted to take care of YOU forever...notice how the kids were conviently left out of the statement? Hes trying to sneak in what he wants and leaving out the other part (your kids) so that he can later tell you "well, i didn't say anything about taking care of your kids". Don't be fooled. You made a good decision for yourself, stick wit it! Lots of good men out there are willing to date someone with children and you deserve a man that can accept and love you for the whole package!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• dump him. he wants a freebie with no kids responsiblities.
    Anonymous

• cont.....So i tell him i can not do the friends with bene bit. A week goes by not hearing from him. He calls acting like we nevet had the TALK making plns to hook up. I remind him of our conversation he says the same things and still tries to convince me to come visit him. I tell not a good idea so he changes subject,we have a great conversation for hours then he sends me a sweet text abt how he wishes he could hold me & take care of me forever...is he just trying to get what he wants using a different angle?
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• eww! sorry friends with benefits,thats up to you ...i am thinking no.i hate to say it but i really dont think hes into you.your better than that move on...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• DUMP HIM!!! If he doesn't want a serious relationship but you do then you wil only suffer another broken heart. He seems like he tells you what you wanna hear to make you feel special so that you will sleep with him. Trust me I've been with this type of guy and he's not worth it unless you just want a booty call which sounds like thats all you are to him.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You can not have friends with benefits if your heart is on the line...
    I agree dump him....besides he will be sleeping with you and sleeping with other woman..
    and that does not sound like what you want..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think you should move on. He will not change his mind and you clearly deserve someone who would be supportive of family and accept the whole package. Just be glad you found out b4 you wasted anymore time on him.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Hes just trying to be manipulative to get a piece of ass dump him for good dont even talk to him hes not worth your precious time
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2009