Where can I buy caramel or butterscotch frosting???

I am going to *attempt* to make my dd a Curious George cake for her birthday! I am excited about it but need a can of caramel (or butterscotch as a sub in) frosting!! Help! The party is Saturday afternoon!

dragonflylovr19

Asked by dragonflylovr19 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Here is a recipe for it...my mom makes homeade caramel frosting so I'm partial to it! This one is from allrecipes.com...http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Caramel-Frosting-V/Detail.aspx

1 pound light brown sugar
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup butter
    1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)

DIRECTIONS
    In a medium, heavy saucepan, bring the sugar and cream to a rolling boil. Boil one minute. Add soda, and boil one more minute. Remove from heat. Add butter, but do not stir yet. Let the mixture cool. Beat well. Stir in pecans if desired.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Good idea!! Thanks for posting!! I never thought to make my own! Still hoping to be able to buy a can but it is nice to know I can make my own too if all else fails!!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm almost certain that most grocery stores have it. I'm trying to remember back to my store facing days. I swear they do.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009