Do you want the bailouts (Bush one, Obama two) to fail?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't want anything to "fail" unfortunately-I don't think that either will do what they are intended to do. I think that we need to let some natural progression happen with some of these companies.
    Anonymous

• Fail? No. Then we wouldn't have the potential to get "any" of our taxpayer money back. What I would like is for the Government to STOP bailing out and let the small banks and corporations of america to step up and prevail.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• As far as I can recollect with the " Bush One" as it has been labeled, the people in the room writing the bailout package was Geithner, Frank and Paulson. Doesn't that make it an Obama I and Obama II bailout package just by the majority of who wrote it?
    Anonymous

• WANT them to fail? No.
    EXPECT them to work? No.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I want Obama to get out of Dodge, no matter what it takes..........

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I can't imagine anyone really, really hoping for President Obama to fail. If he fails then we all do. There is no way for him to fail without it affecting all of us. I hated Bush and his crooked politics and still do, but I never went as far as to wish he failed. People have strong feelings for Obama and therefore it shows up in strong terms like "I hope he fails". Well I would be a bit careful who I wish failed as life has a way of turning the tables and the one you wish to fail succeeds and you find yourself failing. I hope the real meaning of a democracy comes forth where he is free to be the president of his administration just as all former presidents and when the time comes voters will either say "job well done" and vote to keep him or "I hate you" and vote for the next guy or gal.
    Ladycwells

Answer by Ladycwells at 3:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree with Ladycwells. (very well stated!)
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009