CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THE HPV VIRUS.

I HAD A PAP SMER DONE AND IT CAME BACK ABDNORMAL MY DR THINGS I MAY HAVE HPV. WILL THIS KEEP ME FROM HAVING KIDS? I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE MORE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW ITS TREATED IN MEN AND WOMEN?

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• i have it, my mom has it . 80% of women have it. im pregnant right now and my mom had 2 kids so no it doesnt do that. it can cause cancer but its highly unlikely. men are carriers they pass it on and theres no way to detect when a man is carrying it.
    Anonymous

• I have had HPV since i was 18 yrs old and i'm now 27yrs old with two kids. it just one of those things that has to be checked more often this just once a year. I go 3 time a year to make sure nothing has changed with it. other than that, i lead a normal and heathy life. Having children has never been a challenge for me and you should be fine to have as many Kids as you want.
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Your doctor cannot make a diagnosis without a biopsy. The biopsy is a procedure that can be done right in the dr office. You then get the results back and it will tell you exactly what the abnormal cells are. Sometimes you can have an abnormal Pap and the biopsy will come back normal. If you do have abnormal cells present, they CAN be HPV. The doctor should schedule a cryosurgery to freeze the abnormal cells, again a procedure that can be done right in the doctor's office. Then you'll be scheduled for another Pap, I think it's 6 months later. HPV, if left untreated, can cause cervical cancer, that's why it's important to get annual Paps. I was treated for it over a course of 18 months and had 3 children after that. This is the same virus that causes genital warts, but sometimes there are no visible signs. A man can carry it and spread it without knowing it. Women can carry it and never know until they have an abnormal Pap,
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009