Anyone who takes classes at the Y?

For the group classes...do you just start them anytime? They don't run from like this date to that date? I didn't want to start going to a class and be picking up in the middle of the class....and miss a lot... We just got a membership like Monday...so I am still just getting into the swing of things when it comes to working out...

Briyawna

Asked by Briyawna at 1:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends on the class and your Y. I know the Y I go to in VA Beach, most of the classes don't have a start and end date. Aqua aerobics, finning, spinning, etc you kind of just jump in. I don't know about your Y, but at the Y I go to there are starter classes that you can go to so you can get the hang of things. Check with the people at the front desk and they can give you more info. Congrats on your Y membership. I have been going since Jan of last year and it has been the best investment we have made. There is so much to do there!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• The Y classes that I attended had start and stop dates. I like the idea of a continuous class, though- you wouldn't have to wait to join.

Answer by Bmat at 4:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I love Yoga at our local Y
    Jennielee_1975

Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• at our Ys here the classes start at the beginning of the each month but im pretty sure i saw you can enroll in them anytime and join the classes as long as there not full. so if you find one you want to take just ask them if its full or not and sign up!
    hot_mammaof2

Answer by hot_mammaof2 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• the classes i go to you can just go whenever and you dont have to sign up for them you just drop in.
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2009