pay teens not to get pregnant?

i found an article online read it and tell me what you think about it. i think its sad that its coming to this, i think the teens should be more responsible and paying them isnt gonna change anything.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/michigan/Gingrich_pay_girls_to_not_get_pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL when i have a daughter im going to give her $10,000 if she stays a virgin until after she graduates college... $3,000 if she stays a virgin until she graduates high school ;]

the number used to be $100,000 but i realized that that is a LOT of money that i wont have lol
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• hmm I think it's worth considering - when I was in college I read an article where they were paying drug addicts to be sterilized - it prevents those of us who work and take care of our children from footing the bill to care for chidlren who would end up in foster care or on welfare
    Anonymous

• Maybe we should do something about their parents who can't control their teenagers.

Anonymous

• How about the parents teaching them some responsiblity instead. Maybe a lesson in morality to go along with it. Keep the pants up and the legs crossed.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Why are parents not raising their own kids? Teaching them not to sleep around with people when they reach the age? Since when is it okay to pay for a persons virginity? I really have a hard time understanding the fact that there are parents out there that do not give a rats @ss about where thier kids are and what they are doing. Parents need to raise thier kids right or not have kids at all.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well because it's too much work to be a parent anymore and that's where the problem is. I have friends who have teenagers and those kids run ALL OVER their parents. And the parents are too afraid they might make little Johnny mad. TOUGH SH!T, be a parent.
    first-one

Answer by first-one at 4:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Brilliant, now more girls would have more motivation to sneak behind their parents' backs and get abortions because, god forbid, they might not get that Mustang when they graduate.

eye rolling

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009