stretch marks :(

my little girl is 8 and she has gotten really chubby in these last couple yrs, she doesnt look terrible or anything but she has started getting stretch marks on her upper arms i hate it for her! and its really noticable! what can i do?

DanielKarlasmom

Asked by DanielKarlasmom at 2:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You should start working out in kid friendly ways together. Make sure she isn't sedentary in front of the television, game center or even reading all day. Get her outside and active. Throw around a ball with her, let her ride her bike in front of you on a trail while you walk/jog behind her. Also start buying and cooking healthy in your home. If you've been unmotivated to get out yourself, use this as motivation. This is a chance to help the whole family be more healthy.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have a nephew that extremely obese for his age. For strechmarks I would apply cocoa butter on the area daily. Since young children have thinner skin tissues than adults there skin is more prone to stretching and leaving large scars. I offer a lavendar cocoa butter combination creme. if interested, just pm me
    Jennielee_1975

Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• LEAVE HER ALONE
    910chelle

Answer by 910chelle at 2:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• vitamin E improves skins elasticity. Oil applied daily. exercise,,eat healthy
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 5:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I agree with 910chelle. Making a big deal of it will make her self conscious of it, especially at her age, you'll give her a complex!! Just keep her active and feed her right and she wont get anymore..... simple.
    Fractal_mama

Answer by Fractal_mama at 1:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2009