So if pee is sterile why do you have to wash your hands after you pee?

LOL

Mama2Mase

Asked by Mama2Mase at 2:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• because the toilet has germs :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Not sure....=/...I just find it to be habitual.
    Anonymous

• Because I don't want my hands to smell like pee. And your vaginal area still had germs and bacteria so when you wipe...obviously.
    Anonymous

• oh jeez. well if pee were so sterile wouldn't someone have come up with recycling if as lemonade? i so love cm I just needed a laugh so bad. thank you for cheering me up!!
    Anonymous

• I heard that in survival situations you can actually drink your pee. I bet if you closed your eyes and wished real hard, it could taste like lemonade!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think because the toilet flush handle is germy, and maybe one's back end, too. Besides maybe it is just a general hand wash. They are saying that with this bad flu going around that we should wash hands more frequently.

Answer by Bmat at 2:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• yea if u had to you could drink ur pee.....ewww.... also if u ever gt stung by a jellyfish you have someone pee on you and it helps with the stinging....ewww again....

OP funny question, but i find pee to be dirty and should always be washed off...would you want someone cooking and touching your food if they had pee on their hands?? ewwwwww
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• In Asian countries its common practice to wash your hands BEFORE you pee. To keep germs away from your privets
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 2:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Just because it's sterile doesn't mean it's not gross!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Pee isn't sterile anymore once it leaves the body. Or at least thats what I've heard.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009