whats stronger, recession or addiction?

so i went to 711 yesterday to buy beer and this lady was buying a pack of cigarettes and the dude said to stock up while she can because come april 1st they will be $8 a pack for marboros.... then on the 10 o clock news it asked that question.... im glad i quit when i did!!!!

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 2:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I suppose it would depend on how badly you thought you needed it. There are going to be those who say...to hell with that because its too expensive and others who hang on because....well, its worth it to them. It just depends on what your currency is. I am glad I don't drink or smoke or play the lotto compulsively, but those damn rx drugs are going up too...LOL!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I wish they would cost that much where I live so my husband would stop smoking. Only certain areas make the cost go up, like in New York it cost $10 I think for a pack. I think smoking is stupid, there is no purpose for it. This may sound stupid (I am so against drugs) but at least weed does something for people, it gets cancer patients to eat! Alcohol is good for thinning out your blood but what does ciggies do for people? Not a thing, so glad they are starting to go up in cost!
    Anonymous

• What did you pay for your beer addiction?
    Anonymous

• I bet the beer cost more didn' it?
    Anonymous

• lol my beer addiction is also going to double!!!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• no the beer cost like $3.... but its going to go up to $6
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• back to moonshining and rolling our own ciggies? what year is this?
    how does one make moonshine anyway? can i buy tobacco seeds and "grow my own"?
    Anonymous

• I say addiction...how many "metabolically challenged" people have you seen at fast food establishments or Dairy Queen as opposed to the salad bar? How many "health nuts" have you seen smoking outside the doctor's office/hospital as opposed to the gym?

Americans are generally a lazy group who have a lot of difficulty with staving off immediate gratification! Americans don't want to work hard to get what they want...from food to careers. They all wish they could take a magic pill to lose weight, and be Vice President within 6 months of starting a job.

Anonymous

• Salad bar can be more dangerous to your waist line then fast food place.

Anonymous

• mmmmmmmmmmmmm salad
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2009