How do I cope with a Break-Up!

My Boyfriend (Father of my 4 month old baby) and I were together for 2 years and 3 months. He just recently decided to tell me that he no longer had feelings for me. It breaks my heart but I know I have to be strong for Amber. I feel as if my whole life crashed before my eyes. Does anyone habe any advice?

sweetpea808

Asked by sweetpea808 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Are you both willing to work on your relationship and try to get those feelings back? It's possible but it takes work on both sides.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Anonymous

• Be strong for yourself and Amber...your BF sounds weak to me..
    If his feelings can come and go....what good is he anyway..
    He doesn't sound too reliable... Break ups are what make you stronger so when the
    next guy comes along, you will be wiser..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I just wanted to add something. I was an emotional wreck when I had to break things off with my ex and I really struggled with it. But I had to keep telling myself that I was happy before I met him and I could be happy again without him. I didn't need that person to continue my life so it would be okay. It takes time to find that person and that happiness you had before he came around but it will happen eventually. It may not help you but it certainly helped me get through it. I am now happily married to an amazing man so there is something better out there for you.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• stop having children with men who don't commit. He's been a bf all that time for a reason.
    Anonymous

• I know exactly how you feel! I was witrh my babys father for 2 years also but he left me a week after she was born. I didn't start dating til 6 mos after we broke up yeah its hard but you just have to be strong for your daughter. I had to too but I don't regret it cuz things worked out for the better. He sees her every once in awhile but he probably won't be able to for long tho.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I know that in the first 6 months after DS, SO and I had a really hard time in our relationship and we'd been together about 1 1/2 yrs before we had him. Sometimes it just takes a little extra work. See if he's willing to try for a little longer, wait until you guys are a little more settled with being parents. Otherwise, I'm sorry momma! Just make sure he doesn't back out of the responsibilites of raising your child together
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• First of all give him credit for being honest. He could have hurt you in a way worse way.... i would say as hard as it is, give him space. Let the times you see him be strictly about the baby and dont let him walk all over you. Go for child support, arrange everyother weekend for the baby. Take care of you and that baby first. Then maybe things will fall into place. It took me 3 months and a move to another apartment to be able to wake up without crying. Now he is the one trying.... I still cry, just not as much. Dont make something happen if its not supposed to. Time will bring to you just what you deserve, as long as you wait for it. Being strong and not desperate is way more attractive. He may come back but give it time.....
    3luvbugs

Answer by 3luvbugs at 9:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2009