At what age do you not let your daughter see her Daddy naked?

Just wondering, that's all!

traceym1226

Asked by traceym1226 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• What is with these creepy questions. I don't get all the commotion of little girls and their fathers. It is really weird to me.
    Anonymous

• Idk...but I dont think its a creepy question. My friend has to take his daughter into the bathroom with him when they are in public and she is 6...Im sure they use seperate stalls but I was just wondering that same thing. My daughter doesn't see her dad often so its not an issue but she comes in the and talks to me while im in the bath and changes with me all the time....not sure when it should stop with dads I want to say 4??
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i must be one of the weird ones lol. my dd is 8 months old and I already dont let her see either of us naked. its just strange to me, but to each his own!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think its creepy bc it is just a dad and daughter thing. What about moms and daughters? What about moms and sons and dads and sons. Why are you singling out just the one group? That makes it creepy. I mean seriously you shouldn't be chaning or anything in front of your child regardless of being mom or dad once your kids start talking about body parts. That was about 4 1/2 for my child.
    Anonymous

• Its not so much as "letting" her see him naked. What starting age is not appropriate to let daughter see her father naked. My 8 year old's father always covered himself around our daughter. He wasnt to comfortable with the idea. I think it was around the age when she was more alert with her surroundings
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 2:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm not saying let your 10 year old daughter take shower with you,but what's wrong with kids seeing their parents parts? I mean are we just going to shut down their curiousosity once they start asking questions? When are kids going to learn? When their thirteen and some 16 year old tell her he can show her his parts? I know this has happened. Why not let your child ask questions and be comfortable with his or her body? Seriously, maybe this is why there's such a raise in teen pregnancy.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My husband has always refused to let our daughters see him naked. I tried a few times to get him to take a shower with one of them to get a quick bath in and he said there was no way. I don't see a problem with it when they're babies... like under a year old... but after that, they notice differences too much.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• there such a higher number in teen pregnancies because teens see in tv and movies that sex feels good and is fun not because they saw or did not see their mother or father naked.
    Anonymous

• Yes, let's blame tv and movies...that's great parenting. Who's letting their children watch these show's and movies than? I'm not saying it's because they didn't see their parents naked, but maybe if they were taught to be more comfortable with things like their bodies, they wouldn't be pressured into things so easily.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It is just a question, not to get you creeped out! lol I was just wondering the different outlooks on this topic! and you could answer the same way for a boy seeing his mother as well! My son already knows the difference between men and women and he is 4. If he asks the questions, I answer him truthfully and don't beat around the bush....(not punt intended). And you cannot blame tv and movies for teen pregnancy... it is lack of knowledge ... teens should not only be tought sex ed in school but at home!
    traceym1226

Answer by traceym1226 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009